Ok, it is getting down to the wire – moving day is right around the corner. Don’t get stuck packing at the last minute with things you hope to find around the house. Don’t get stuck running around to a bunch of different stores or settling for the first place you go to. Use this list of things you might need to narrow down and prep your search.
Things that might be on your list:
– Moving boxes – a no-brainer – all shapes and sizes, including wardrobe boxes
– Wrap – this could be bubble wrap, shrink wrap, sturdy paper
– Packing Tape
– Plastic bins
– Large storage containers
– Mattress covers
– Moving blankets
What should you look for when it comes to packing supplies? A box is a box is a box, right? Nope. Not all supplies are created equal, and neither are the companies that provide them, so here are some things to look for:
– Eco-friendly. Are the supplies going to run you big bucks when it comes time to getting rid of them, or can you recycle everything? Cardboard boxes are the common way to go here, but another great option is plastic bins. These can be reused over and over again, and when the company will deliver and pick up the bins, this is an added bonus.
– Can you get everything all in one place, or are you running all over buying boxes at one store and paper at another? Moving is stressful, so don’t add to that stress with the search for packing supplies.
– When packing, make sure you wrap your fragile items (although wrapping all items is not a bad idea either). Sturdy bubble wrap works well, but paper is even better (easier waste management and better for the environment). Why not just use newspaper? Sure, that is an option, but unless you want to continue revisiting the comics from 5 years ago thanks to ink transfer, we’d advise against it.
– The supplier – are you pigeon-holed when it comes to purchasing or are you the one running the show? What about if you purchase too many boxes and don’t use them all? Are you stuck with them, or does the company offer a 100% buyback on unused boxes? And what about price matching? If you find a lower price somewhere else is the company going to guarantee a lower one? These are all things that you definitely need to take into consideration.
– What about a free consultation? If this is your first time moving it might be helpful to have someone in the industry work through a list of your possessions and give you some guidance about how best to pack them. What is the optimal method for packing a box to ensure no damage upon transport? This can be extremely helpful and save you a great deal of time.
Don’t wait until the last minute to worry about packing your stuff. Get it all in one place. Bradford Moving and Storage has you covered for packing supplies. Visit us online at www.bradfordmoving.com.