Moving Tips from Your Trusted Newmarket Moving Company
Moving is a tough process for people of all ages. Packing up your belongings can lead to a lot of emotions and anxieties about your new home. It can be especially difficult for little members of the family who may have a lot of questions about the move. Make your family’s relocation as easy as possible on the kids with these simple tips.
Tips for Moving with Young Children
Anticipate your children’s concerns about moving and make the packing process and moving day as painless as possible for the whole family. Here are some easy ways to ease their fears:
- Be open. Sometimes it can seem easier to omit some details from the kids. When it comes to moving though, their imaginations could run wild! Tell them about their new home, what they can expect in their new neighbourhood, and let them know why you are moving. They may not initially be excited about the idea, but giving them all the information will make it easier for them to understand and feel good about the move.
- Visit the new home. If your children haven’t seen their new home yet, they may have a hard time understanding why they need to downsize their belongings or shop for new furniture. Take them for a visit so that they can really see where they will be living. Point out other spots in the neighbourhood and focus on the features of the new home that are different than your current place. Build excitement and help them visualize the move.
- Give them a task. Children love to feel involved, needed and helpful no matter what their age. Encourage them to be involved in the packing process by assigning them a task that is age-appropriate. Whether you want them to focus on organizing their own belongings or emptying the kitchen drawers, they will be happy to help.
- Prepare them for moving day. Moving day can be stressful, as all the details you have tirelessly prepared for come together within a few hours. Describe how the day will go to your children and let them know that you may be under some stress that has nothing to do with them. If they will be helping, prepare them for their tasks. If you are hiring a Newmarket moving company, get a free moving quote or estimate. Explain to your children that these people are helping to transport, not take, their belongings—to avoid any confusion.
- Give them choices. Your kids might feel a lack of control during a major move, especially if you are moving to a new neighbourhood or city. Give them some freedom to choose a new paint colour or decoration for their bedroom, or make another decision about the new home. Allowing them some sense of control over the new situation will help them adjust.
Little Moves offers reliable and affordable moving services in Newmarket and surrounding areas. We can help make your move as smooth as possible for the entire family. Our movers are efficient and dedicated to making your moving day progress quickly, with moving services to your new home, apartment or condo. Trust our friendly professionals for your move in the GTA. We provide everything from packing supplies to storage, and an experienced crew on moving day. You will not have to worry about any hidden fees or confusing charges.
If you are looking for the most trusted and affordable movers in the GTA, contact Little Moves at 905-853-9899. You can also request a quote or book your moving day online.