Packing Tips from Your Trusted Newmarket Moving Company
Most people don’t realize how much stuff they have until they need to move and start to pack up their belongings. Small trinkets, household tools, and sentimental items can add up and become a burden when moving day arrives. Before moving, it’s a good idea to go through all your items and get rid of unnecessary, outdated, or unused objects. You will be able to save time packing for your move and unpacking once you arrive at your new home. Plus, it will make your move less expensive, especially if you are moving to a new city or across the country.
Tips for Minimizing Your Load Before Moving Day
Here are some tips to get the contents of your home ready for the big move:
- Start early. The key to minimizing the stress of packing is starting early. Give yourself plenty of time to go through your possessions and get an idea of just how much stuff you own.
- Make categories. As you go through your belongings, put them into one of four categories: To Sell, To Donate, To Keep and To Throw Out. Don’t view purging your items as a waste. Instead, feel good about providing your used items to someone else who can use and appreciate them like you did previously.
- Get organized. Start organizing your items during the early stage of your packing. Take on each room and start cleaning and organizing the space. It may seem strange to organize a space you will be leaving, but it will make moving day much easier if items are free of dust and can be easily located to be packed.
- Set goals. Whether you set a specific timeline, identify a certain number of items to part with, or determine a limit on how many items you take with you (in a given category or overall), having defined goals will help you make better use of your time.
- Tackle one thing at a time. Consider your items in terms of categories. That way you can make a purging and packing schedule. Plus, it will make each task seem much more manageable. Spend one afternoon going through paperwork, another getting rid of old clothing, or consider taking on a single room at a time.
- Get a quote. Getting a free moving quote or estimate from a trusted moving company will give you a better idea of how much time and money it will cost to move your belongings. Most people value their time and money, so getting an estimate can be a powerful motivator to limit the number of items you bring with you to your new residence.
Little Moves can help with your move, whether you have a big family home with many possessions or a small bachelor apartment with few belongings. We work efficiently to make your moving day go fast with moving services to your new home, apartment or condo. Trust our team of friendly professionals for your moving needs in Newmarket. We provide packing supplies, storage, and an experienced crew on moving day, without any hidden fees or confusing charges.
If you are looking for the most trusted and affordable movers in the GTA, contact Little Moves at 905-853-9899. You can also request a quote or book your moving day online.