How to Prepare for Your Move
Useful Tips from Your Trusted Movers in Newmarket
No one looks forward to apartment and condo moves or any move for that matter. Whether you are moving to the next city or just a few streets away, the stress is all the same. By being prepared ahead of time, you may save yourself a lot of hassle and arrive stress-free to your final destination.
Tips to Help You Prepare for Your Move
Preparation for your move should start a few months or at least a few weeks in advance. By doing so early, you will be able to better space out all that you have on your moving to-do list. A few things to help prepare include:
- Get your address change setup or at least prepared. Notify the postal office of your upcoming move. Start changing over utilities as well; you can typically create a start date based on your actual moving date. These are much more time-consuming tasks than you may realize and waiting until the week of your move will only add extra stress.
- Collect packing supplies early on. You will want to start collecting supplies such as boxes (in multiple sizes), tape, bubble wrap, paper wrap, etc. Established moving companies in Newmarket, such as Little Moves, carry the moving supplies you need as well.
- Start decluttering your items. Now is the time to go through closets, storage spaces, cabinets and your garage to get rid of any items you do not need. Why should you move your clutter?
- Measure your new home. Many people forget to measure out the space in their new home only to find on unpacking day that not everything fits. Visit your new home, apartment or condo and see where you will place furniture items. Make sure you have enough space for your bigger furniture (i.e. couches, beds, dressers, etc.).
- Hire a full-service mover. Sometimes you just need professional help to make the move that much easier. Instead of dealing with lifting heavy boxes, loading and unloading trucks, etc., contact our moving company in Newmarket.
Little Moves helps with home, apartment and condo moves. Our team is here to help you with your packing supplies, storage needs, and of course, an experienced crew on moving day.
Preparing for your apartment or condo move? Contact Little Moves today to get a moving quote and see how we can help make moving day easier. Call us at 905-853-9899 to learn more or book your moving day online.